Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.dbs.directv
[email protected] cjdaytonjrnospam@cox.net is offline

Default Digital TV

Peter wrote:
On 1/13/2010 12:37 PM, wrote:

If you are only 10 miles away over flat territory and using
an amplifier, that is likely your problem. You are getting
too much signal. If you remove the amp you should do better.

Chip

I bought the amplified indoor antenna after I was unable to get
satisfactory reception using several different configuration traditional
unamplified indoor antennas. The reception with the amplified antenna
was much better than using the unamplified antenna, but still unsat.

I'm in the DC metro area. One of my biggest reception problems is with a
major network outlet that is broadcasting in a lower VHF channel and
dropped it's effective radiated power from about 220KW analog to 12.5 KW
digital!! That's right, not a typo. When I called the station engineer
to ask why they were using such low power, they told me that they had
petitioned the FCC to transmit with greater power, but the FCC was
concerned that greater power would cause interference in the Baltimore
metro area (which is more than 40 miles north of DC). So, I can't
receive a decent signal 10 miles away with an indoor antenna and the FCC
is worried about interference 40+ miles away. No wonder OTA reception of
this station is so difficult.

Have you tried an outside antenna? Your results would no doubt be excellent.

Chip

--
http://NewsReader.Com/ --------------------