Posted to alt.home.repair
Percival P. Cassidy Percival P. Cassidy is offline

Default HF 3 Stage Charger - thoughts?

On 01/12/10 08:10 pm, Stormin Mormon wrote:

You'd be mistaken. My battery was new. The trickle charger
was because the battery was only used for emergencies, and I
wanted it to be charged when I needed it.

I have a "Vector" charger with separate settings for Wet, Gel and AGM
batteries and with charge-rate settings of 2, 10 and 15 Amps. Once my
Group 31 Deep-cycle battery is fully charged I set the charge rate for
2A, and it switches into Float mode from time to time as well -- but the
battery still has to be kept topped up with water.

Perce