Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.dbs.directv
Patty Winter Patty Winter is offline

Default Digital TV

In article ,
Metspitzer wrote:

[extraneous quotage deleted]

To the people that use OTA digital, how far do you live from the TV
stations?

OTA isn't my primary reception method, but I'm about 40 miles from
most San Francisco TV transmitters and I get nearly 50 stations
(including subchannels) with an indoor bowtie. I'm in the flatlands,
so my view of Sutro Tower is not blocked by hills.

I live in an area where we could never get good TV signals. I am
interesting in hearing from people that had poor TV and are using OTA
for digital. I live 45-60 miles from the stations.

You'll need to go to TVFool.com or AntennaWeb.org and put in your
address to see what the likely results would be at your house.
Because of frequency, power, and antenna height changes (and sometimes
even antenna location changes), your experience could be better or
worse with the digital versions of specific local stations.

Also, alt.video.digital-tv is a better place to get information.
Watch out for the rabid pro- and anti-digital TV posters, but if
you've been on Usenet for long, you already know to avoid the
people with agendas.

Patty