Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] dukes909@yahoo.com is offline

Default Bandsawr recommendation

I'm going to look at a Laguna 16HD this weekend - I just found out
someone I know owns one. I think he said it has a 4.5HP Baldor. I
can't imagine needing anything that hefty but I can't wait to see it
hum. In any case, there's no way I can afford it, so the question
becomes -are the "lower end" saws from Laguna as good as the HD
models?

On Jan 12, 10:35*pm, "Leon" wrote:
always be in perfect adjustment, even if you drastically change the
tension adjustment. *Try that on a cheapie saw with a flexible frame....

And that in a nut shell is what a lot of people don't realize. *IMHO being
able to USE the saw with out tweaking is worth the extra expense and you
gotta think that the heaft in these saws will be like cabinet saws, they
will out last you. *;~)