Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
F. George McDuffee F. George McDuffee is offline

Default Game Change

On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 12:00:33 -0600, "Robert Swinney"
wrote:

hawke sez:

"lots of drivel -- - - - - then: " . . . We dodged a close one, folks. Like they say,
imagine her a heartbeat away from the presidency."

I can no more imagine that than I can imagine hawke as a credible commentator on a metal working
newsgroup.

Bob Swinney

=============
Perhaps the reporting is getting better, but these "near misses"
seem to be occurring more frequently and getting closer all the
time.

Given that it is only a matter of time before we as a nation have
a [financial] Katrina sweep in, it would appear that putting
plywood on the windows and bringing the lawn chairs and trash
cans inside would be a smart move. For example, what sort of
contingency plans are we making governmentally, corporate and
personal for when another Iceland occurs, e.g. Greece, Ireland,
Spain, or even Japan.

Instead it is business as usual only bigger and better. The
Current Accounts Trade Deficit is back up, with a little pencil
work the banks are reporting record profits, and the U.S. Federal
bond sales are going well.

Unka George (George McDuffee)
The past is a foreign country;
they do things differently there.
L. P. Hartley (1895-1972), British author.
The Go-Between, Prologue (1953).