Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Global Warming My Frozen Butt!

(Malcolm Hoar) wrote:

In article , Harry K wrote:

It boggles the mind that the deniers can look at what is happening at
the poles and glaciers world wide and still say there is no global
warming. When Glacier National Park once again _has_ glaciers (it
still does have some remnants of them), I will start considering their
moronic posts.

"According to the US National Snow and Ice Data Centre in Colorado, Arctic
summer sea ice has increased by 409,000 square miles, or 26 per cent, since
2007 – and even the most committed global warming activists do not dispute
this."

409,000 more square miles is a lot of freaking ice. How much do you
need?

Read mo
http://www.dailymail.co.
uk/sciencetech/article-1242011/DAVID-ROSE-The-mini-ice-age-starts-here.
html#ixzz0cSxK68Zt

Good to see you accept the "Snow and Ice Data Center" as a reliable
source.

Here's their article;
http://nsidc.org/news/press/20091005_minimumpr.html
Here's the gist of it in an Oct 6 1909 press release-
"At the end of the Arctic summer, more ice cover remained this year
than during the previous record-setting low years of 2007 and 2008.
However, sea ice has not recovered to previous levels. September sea
ice extent was the third lowest since the start of satellite records
in 1979, and the past five years have seen the five lowest ice extents
in the satellite record."

Here's the graph showing the decline since 1978- and demonstrating
that 2006-7 were *way* below the graph-
http://nsidc.org/images/arcticseaice...05_Figure3.png
[no matter how you try to fudge the numbers- I think you'll have to
admit that there was a decline of well over a million square
kilometers since 1978.]

Jim