Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default Bandsawr recommendation

"Steve Turner" wrote in message

I hear ya, and yes I do; it's my favorite machine in the shop. I also
love how, after aligning it once right after I bought the saw, the
(rock-solid!) height adjustment for the upper blade guides continues to
stay in perfect alignment after all these years, no matter what blade I
use or how tightly it's tensioned. Set the vertical height anywhere along
its 13" travel, install a new blade and adjust the bearings, then alter
the resaw height to any position from 0" to 13" and the bearings will
always be in perfect adjustment, even if you drastically change the
tension adjustment. Try that on a cheapie saw with a flexible frame...

And that in a nut shell is what a lot of people don't realize. IMHO being
able to USE the saw with out tweaking is worth the extra expense and you
gotta think that the heaft in these saws will be like cabinet saws, they
will out last you. ;~)