Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve Turner[_3_] Steve Turner[_3_] is offline

Default Bandsawr recommendation

On 1/12/2010 7:19 PM, Leon wrote:
I was using my Laguna this afternoon. I am attaching false frame and panel
fronts to a dozen under bed storage drawers. The 1/4" panel being centered
leaves a space behind it and will bow in when you attach a pull. So I
needed a spacer behind the panel a bit over 1/4" thick. Having several
scraps of 1/2" Baltic Birch left over I rewased 6" wide a 12" long pieces to
fill the voids.

I thought I had toasted the 1/2" blade that was on there, it is a cheapo one
that I have been using to split firewood and it had gotten to where it would
absolutely not cut straight. Strange enough I simply retensioned the blade
a touch more than recomended and slid my fence up to guide the resaw
operation. The fence was not adjusted for any drift but my slices were
perfect. There is something about a cool saw and being able to use it any
time with out tweaking... I'm sure you enjoy the same.

I hear ya, and yes I do; it's my favorite machine in the shop. I also love
how, after aligning it once right after I bought the saw, the (rock-solid!)
height adjustment for the upper blade guides continues to stay in perfect
alignment after all these years, no matter what blade I use or how tightly it's
tensioned. Set the vertical height anywhere along its 13" travel, install a
new blade and adjust the bearings, then alter the resaw height to any position
from 0" to 13" and the bearings will always be in perfect adjustment, even if
you drastically change the tension adjustment. Try that on a cheapie saw with
a flexible frame...

--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.