Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bruce L. Bergman[_2_] Bruce L. Bergman[_2_] is offline

Default Serious press fit

On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 16:48:34 -0500, Ecnerwal
wrote:

In article ,
Bruce L. Bergman wrote:

Where
the heck were they in the 1980's?)

-- Bruce --

Shelburne Falls, MA, same as they are now, as you well know if you have
a Corvair. I'm not really missing the '65 turbo convertible body with
the 4-carb 140 motor swapped in I had for a few years. It was
interesting, but needed a great deal I didn't have time or money to give
it to be good. Especially in the salt-fest that is the northeastern US
in winter.

WRONG. Because that's where Larry and Marty and Doc were ordering
them from in bulk for their shops. I wasn't picky, whoever I was
closest to at the moment I picked up a spare for in the trunk - that
inevitably ended up pressed into service much sooner than expected.

And I suspect that Clarks, Cotrofeld and Corvair Underground were
all sourcing the same supplier, too. Because they ALL died till they
cycled through the old stock.

-- Bruce --