Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT- Jump Start Box recommendations

wrote:

Yeah, but those gel cells are dead in 4-5 years(or less), charged or
not, used or not. Most aren't rated for that service, either, refugees
from emergency lights or UPSes. I'd rather run a heavy 110 drop cord
out and use a starter/charger unit.

Me too, but my inconsiderate friends insist on having dead batteries
where the nearest outlet is at least a quarter mile away

As far as the other poster with the Buick terminals, you verrry
carefully hook up the hot screw with the red lead and ground the black
to the engine block somewhere. Doesn't make for a lot of contact on
the jumper cable clamp, let it charge for 4-5 mins. before trying to
start. If you don't have room, you get to pull the battery, haul it
in, screw in a couple of bolts and charge it inside. The b-in-law's
Silverado is that way, everything crammed in around the terminals, No
Room. Takes an hour to get the sucker out. The starter also died
with no warning, locked up solid. I'm not a GM fan.

Stan

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.