Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT- Jump Start Box recommendations

dan wrote:

What's that Lassie? You say that RogerN fell down the old
rec.crafts.metalworking mine and will die if we don't mount a rescue
by Sun, 10 Jan 2010 09:56:43 -0600:

I'm looking for recommendations for a good jump start box. I saw one at
Wal-Mart with a 22Ah battery and claims 600A, but I don't know if it's a
good one or if there are better quality ones available for reasonable money.

You could buy a good high output AGM battery and add your own cables
and clamps.

I have one from harbor freight that has a 24Ah battery in it. Some
times it's on sale for about $60.

Their 17 AH unit (38391) is on sale for $29.95 this weekend (16th.,
17th. & 18th.) The regular price is $59.99

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=38391

Here is the owner's manual:
http://www.harborfreight.com/manuals...8999/38391.PDF

BTW, has anyone signed up for their 'Inside Track Club' at one of the
stores? $29.99 for a year of extra discounts, one hour pre-access to
their sidewalk sales before it's open to the general public, 12 coupon
books mailed to you through the year, and 52 emails of weekly specials.

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.