Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Global Warming My Frozen Butt!

Harry K wrote:
On Jan 12, 5:28 am, dgk wrote:
On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 18:25:35 -0600, The Daring Dufas

wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:
Ahoy matey. Shiver me timbers.
Man, up north here in NY state, it's been some kind of
serious cold, also.
Good grief! We're just not used to it being so cold for
so long here in "The South". Our poor cousins down Florida
way are really having a hard time with farms for tropical
plants and animals. Conservation groups are picking up sea
turtles that wash up on the beach because they are paralyzed
by the cold. The unfortunate turtles are helpless and are
brought inside where it's warm so they can recover. The folks
who raise tropical fish have or are afraid of losing their
stock. Of course freezing weather is always bad for citrus
crops. Darn you Global Warming and you climate huggers.
TDD

I think we all learned that heat is energy. More heat in the climate
system means more energy which means more activity. That means more
extreme events - bigger storms, colder colds, hotter hots. That really
shouldn't be tough for a home repair group to understand, right?

You can argue that human activities aren't causing global warming but
it's pretty clear to most scientists that the earth IS warming. I also
don't see how people can look at what we've done to the earth and
decide that it couldn't change the climate.- Hide quoted text -

It boggles the mind that the deniers can look at what is happening at
the poles and glaciers world wide and still say there is no global
warming. When Glacier National Park once again _has_ glaciers (it
still does have some remnants of them), I will start considering their
moronic posts.

Harry K

Well Harry, when was your last trip to the polar regions? *snicker*

TDD