Posted to alt.home.repair
William Brammer William Brammer is offline

Default Need help in identifying a faucet knob for this faucet stem (or vice versa)

On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 05:59:55 -0800, coco wrote:

16 point .370" broach -
Acme, American Standard Cadet & Colony, Barnes, Burlington,
Central Brass, Concinnity, Eljer, Glauber, Harden, Kohler Trand,
Milwaukee, Newport, Phylrich, Royal Brass, Scoville

I think your numbers are wrong though. Looking at the URL, he needs the
12 point .415" broach - Symmons

I'm still stuck.

When I told Symmons customer support at 800-symmons that it was a harden
faucet stem, they said they can't help me anymore.

I sent photos to symmons customer support who finally said
they have nothing that will fit.

So, now I'm stuck with a Symmons TA-10 stem (12 point, .415" broach) and I
need to find Symmons or other hardware to fit. Yet when I go to Home Depot
and ACE and OSH, all of them tell me is that I have to replace the entire
mechanism behind the wall!

There must be a simple solution out there. Are there any Internet savvy
plumbers on this message board?

Note: Here are others with similar Harden / Symmons Temptrol TA10 / TA10H
http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Arch.../msg03836.html
http://www.homegardenguides.com/gard...intenance.html
http://www.terrylove.com/forums/arch...php/t-286.html
http://forum.doityourself.com/archiv.../t-348724.html