Posted to rec.woodworking
Vic Baron Vic Baron is offline

Default Bandsawr recommendation

" wrote in message
Looking to buy first & last bandsaw. Actually I've been looking for
quite a while now for an older Delta or Rockwell but I have not come
across anything within reasonable driving distance of where I live
(north MS). So, I'm going to splurge and buy a new one - looked on
Delta's website to see what is "current" and the only one they list
(oddly) is a 28-206 which is just a 14" 1HP jobber. (What is the deal
with that - are they coming out with new lineup?) I'd like at least a
1.5HP model, so what are other options? Considering Grizzly 514 or
555. Budget ~$850, no more than $1000 tops.
Ideas?

I have the Grizzly G0555 with the riser and it's handled everything I've
thrown at it with ease. Regular cuts, scroll cuts, resaw. Most I've ever
resawn was almost 10" red oak - no problems.

Vic