Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Off Topic: Clark Little Photographs

On Jan 12, 10:06*am, "Leon" wrote:
"Robatoy" wrote in message

On Jan 11, 10:14 pm, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 17:47:42 -0500, the infamous "Lee Michaels"
scrawled the following:

I came across these today. Clark Little is a guy who takes his surfboard
and/or fins out into the surf in Hawaii, with a camera. So he gets great
photos from an inside the wave perspective. It is getting a lot of
attention. Truly unique marine photography.

http://www.clarklittlephotography.com/gallery/

Gorgeous. My faves, in order, were Marlin, Lost (both on the second
page), and Red Dirt (last page).

How does that guy keep a dry LENS?!?

--
What helps luck is a habit of watching for opportunities, of
having a patient, but restless mind, of sacrificing one's

How does he get the series of shots off fast enough to do the HDR's?
There's no way that's natural colour.

While the pics have the saturation of a typical HDR picture I really don't
think that they are HDR. *Way too much movement for that. *Typical photo
enhancement programs will give more color saturation and contrast, I suspect
that is what he used along with taking probably thousands more that were
tossed.
Have you ever watched CSI Miami on TV, their whole show has that HDR look,
color saturation is cranked way up especially during the opening of the
show.

CSI Miami? YEEEEEEHAAAAAAAIIIIIIIII. That show turned my youngest
daughter into a Who fan.
Personally? I find it entertaining when I suspend disbelief.