Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT- Jump Start Box recommendations

Actually, I did have a set of cables from the last jump
pack. It did occur to me to overhaul it, and do as you
describe. But, I also figured that the internal battery was
probably as poor quality as the rest of the kit. So, it made
more sense at that moment to go buy one from Napa. So far,
I've been pleased with the Napa jump box.

Please make sure Lassie has a barrel of hot chocolate for
me, with extra milk and sugar.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"dan" wrote in message
What's that Lassie? You say that Stormin Mormon fell down
the old
rec.crafts.metalworking mine and will die if we don't mount
a rescue
by Mon, 11 Jan 2010 17:58:40 -0500:

Might have got a lemon. I went to HF and got one with the
22
amp battery. One day my Blazer was dead, but the HF box
wouldn't start it. The box was a couple days old, and I'd
done the required over night on charge plug. So, it
"shoulda" worked.

I got the largest one HF sells, 24 Ah I think. And the
first thing I
did is open it up and check the connections. Not good. I
replaced
the cheap clamps with a pair that I had around, and replaced
the lugs
and internal cables at the battery and the heavy switch. I
still
wouldn't believe the claims in the catalog(650/1200amp).

And I charge it with a good charger, I don't trust the built
in
charger.

--

Dan H.