Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bruce[_8_] Bruce[_8_] is offline

Default 30 years ago....

On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 13:09:15 +0100, "Mr Sandman"
wrote:

"Adam Aglionby" wrote in message
Nuclear power stations were experiencing huge cost overruns......
Tomorrows World before it became What We Want You to Think World ;-)

TW`s review of the 1970`s

http://www.bbc.co.uk/archive/tomorro...?all=2&id=8019

Cheers
Adam

I love TW, i wish they would bring it back like they did Dr.Who.

Forget it. It was always banal and condescending - not a winning
combination.

There's an equally lightweight BBC Radio 4 programme with similar
subject matter called "Science Now". If you really must learn about
science from a lowbrow source, that is probably the one to listen to.

There are science magazines that aim slightly higher up the
intellectual scale, the best known being "New Scientist". It isn't
highly rated by scientists, but appeals to people who like to follow
science but aren't personally involved in it.