Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
ehsjr[_3_] ehsjr[_3_] is offline

Default LED Instrument Panel lighting

Charlie Smith wrote:
I have cobbled together a circuit from available internet sources to
illuminate a homebuilt aircraft instrument panel. I was wondering if
those qualified in this group would mind reviewing the schematic and
making constructive commentary. I'd like this thing to be reliable and
not cause a host of other electronic gremlins. Just keep in mind, I'm a
chemist, not an electronics professional. But, I do learn quickly.

Thanks.
Charlie Smith

You'll generate a lot of heat in the L78S05 regulator - worst
case, about 4.2 watts. You could use a L78S09 instead, and reduce
the worst case heating in the regulator to about 2.4 watts. You'd
need to change the 68 ohm resistors to 270 ohms.

Ed