Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Not electrocuted

On Jan 11, 8:17*pm, Gary H wrote:
On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 06:05:51 -0600, "HeyBub"
wrote:

Higgs Boson wrote:
Earlier I posted some dumb questions about installing a new doorbell
(have hated forever the cheapo that was there when I bought the
place). *Finally got a friend to press the doorbell while I threw
successive breakers. *After isolating the right one,
I boldly went where this klutz has never gone before, and installed a
handsome new doorbell!!! *How sweet it is! *I could stand out there
all day and push the lighted button.

Uh, the 12 volts on a doorbell circuit wouldn't electrocute anything.

It's "supposed" to be 16V, although I've measured 18V. A short can
destroy the transformer.

Some are even as high as 24V AC