Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony[_19_] Tony[_19_] is offline

Default HF 3 Stage Charger - thoughts?

Red Green wrote:
Anybody got any +/- words about this 3 Stage unit.

This is a fairly good tutorial about charging car batteries.

http://www.batterystuff.com/tutorial_battery.html#9

I'd take a chance on this charger but I would also leave a volt meter on
it and make sure the voltages are somewhere close to the above tutorial
before I trusted it. 1.5 amps can indeed charge a completely charge a
dead car battery, but it will take days to do it.

I used to go through a lot of batteries on my 2 1970 husky bolens garden
tractors. They supposedly never had the best charging system. To make
things worse, sometimes they sit for months at a time without being
used. I put a similar charger on both of them and it's made a world of
difference. Batteries that only lasted 2 years now are going on their
5th year and are still going strong.