Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dan dan is offline

Default OT- Jump Start Box recommendations

What's that Lassie? You say that Stormin Mormon fell down the old
rec.crafts.metalworking mine and will die if we don't mount a rescue
by Mon, 11 Jan 2010 17:58:40 -0500:

Might have got a lemon. I went to HF and got one with the 22
amp battery. One day my Blazer was dead, but the HF box
wouldn't start it. The box was a couple days old, and I'd
done the required over night on charge plug. So, it
"shoulda" worked.

I got the largest one HF sells, 24 Ah I think. And the first thing I
did is open it up and check the connections. Not good. I replaced
the cheap clamps with a pair that I had around, and replaced the lugs
and internal cables at the battery and the heavy switch. I still
wouldn't believe the claims in the catalog(650/1200amp).

And I charge it with a good charger, I don't trust the built in
charger.

--

Dan H.
northshore MA.