Posted to sci.electronics.repair
AZ Nomad[_2_] AZ Nomad[_2_] is offline

Default How add aux connector for iPod to car radio?

On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 10:49:26 -0500, Rich Webb wrote:

Replacing the whole works is certainly an option. Be aware, though, that
the keyless entry for that generation functions through the stock radio.
There is usually enough room to secure the radio up inside the dash so
that it still has antenna and door-control connections, but the
installer won't necessarily be aware of that requirement.

Good point. I once did a stereo install on a grand am that had such a
setup. The dome light controller wasin the head unit! I ended up
pulling the board out of the old head unit and stuffed it in back
connected to the wiring harness sandwiched between to sheets of
cardboard.