Posted to rec.woodworking
FrozenNorth[_4_] FrozenNorth[_4_] is offline

Default O/T -- cutting glass block

On 1/11/10 12:02 AM, Robatoy wrote:
On Jan 10, 9:09 pm, wrote:
Number One son has drafted me for a bathroom renovation, which may
involve installing a glass block partial wall. The rub is that he wants
it flush against his sloped ceiling. Is it possible to cut glass blocks
accurately and cleanly? Any tips will be appreciated.

Larry

For interior use, the acrylic blocks are a good choice. they can
easily be cut.

Glass blocks are never cut.. not that I have ever seen.

How about using the acrylic blocks, just where the cuts need to be made,
assuming you can get some with a similar enough appearance.

Just an idle thought. At the ceiling the difference should be less
noticeable, and if you like the appearance of the glass enough to offset
the disparity.

--
Froz...