Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve Turner Steve Turner is offline

Default More Sketchup questions

On 01/10/2010 09:41 PM, Leon wrote:
To edit a component you have to edit it, done by double clicking to get that
edit box to show up around the component. You know that now..... BUT
uh,,,,,,, I,,, you may find a time where you again forget that and begin
adding lines to your component when it is not in edit mode. You draw and
draw and draw and every thing is going along nicely and then you move the
component and none of you additions move with it......

The moral to this story is to be sure you are in edit mode when editing the
component. Just because it looks like you are editing the component does
not meand you are actually doing so... Be sure you see the edit box.

Yep, been there already, and hopefully I won't do it too many more times before it *really*
sinks in. :-)

--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.