Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Wanderer[_2_] The Wanderer[_2_] is offline

Default Condensing Boiler problem, but Not frozen condensate pipe.

On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 08:53:03 -0000, SS wrote:

"Chris J Dixon" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:

The external pipe should be 32mm to prevent freezing. And external
insulation where necessary. All in regs. It should also be in the makers
instructions.

Any suggestions on the most suitable insulation to use?

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.

Well I have the 32 mm pipe and is about 9 inches from where it exits outside
to the trap so I will get something for way of insulation.

Mine drain pipe comes through the wall a course or so above dpc, then drops
to outside slabs level using 2 x 45 elbows, then on to a gully about a
metre or so sway. I've not had any trouble with freezing, even though the
drain pipe has had a covering of snow at times.

--
The Wanderer

When you hear the toilet flush and your child says 'Uh oh'
It's already too late!