Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
cavelamb cavelamb is offline

Default ROV in a bucket

wrote:
On Jan 11, 2:28 am, cavelamb wrote:

It's a swimming pool toy on a short leash.

Richard Lambhttp://www.home.earthlink.net/~cavelamb/

The high school kids back in Washington State built some ROV's with a
longer leash. As I remember they had a 100 ' leash. We changed from
the control system shown here. Instead we ran a reasonably stout
power and return, and then used Mosfets in the ROV to control the
motors. The wires from the control box were something like 22 gauge.
Would have been better to use a microprocessor with a serial i/o, but
that was beyond where the students level of competence. The kids did
understand why running power to each individual motor was not a good
idea for long leads.

Dan

Don!
That's fabulous.
Kids are sometimes surprising little creatures, aren't they.

--

Richard Lamb

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power
to tell just when the hands will stop, at late or early hour...
Now is the only time you own. Live, love, toil with a will.
Place no faith in time. For the clock may soon be still."