Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default ROV in a bucket

"cavelamb" wrote in message
m...
Ed Huntress wrote:
Maybe someone who has played with underwater robots knows about these
things. Any RCMer should be able to make one in an afternoon. If you do,
please let us know how it works out. It looks like a great toy:

http://monitor.noaa.gov/publications...rov_manual.pdf

I didn't see anything that could pressurize the innards.

Why would you pressurize the innards?

PVC pipe and connections?

It's a swimming pool toy on a short leash.

It's better than no swimming pool toy. g

And it looks like a fun thing. I can think of several places to use one.
But...I have enough hobbies.

I did some programming work for Perry Oceanographic way back
in once-upon-a-time time. It was fun work.

Rutgers has some neat underwater devices. I especially like this one, which
is especially clever:

http://rucool.marine.rutgers.edu/ind...r-Gliders.html

It completed a trans-Atlantic crossing last month, operating autonomously.
That's some fuel efficiency:

http://rucool.marine.rutgers.edu/atlantic/

--
Ed Huntress