Posted to rec.woodworking
Brian Grella Brian Grella is offline

Default Bandsawr recommendation

On Jan 10, 6:17*pm, " wrote:
Looking to buy first & last bandsaw. *Actually I've been looking for
quite a while now for an older Delta or Rockwell but I have not come
across anything within reasonable driving distance of where I live
(north MS). *So, I'm going to splurge and buy a new one - looked on
Delta's website to see what is "current" and the only one they list
(oddly) is a 28-206 which is just a 14" 1HP jobber. (What is the deal
with that - are they coming out with new lineup?) *I'd like at least a
1.5HP model, so what are other options? *Considering Grizzly 514 or
555. *Budget ~$850, no more than $1000 tops.
Ideas?

Where's Leon?? :^)