Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Wilkins Jim Wilkins is offline

Default OT- Jump Start Box recommendations

On Jan 10, 10:56*am, "RogerN" wrote:
The lower powered ones are of course cheaper but I may need to use this for
my Diesel Pickup truck. *Normal use is for mowers, tractor, backhoe, and
emergency use for automobiles... or perhaps I should buy a half dozen
battery tenders.
RogerN

Do you really need a packaged jump starter with a sealed battery to
use around the house? A trickle-charged old battery in a boat box with
a handle ought to be enough unless it could tip over in a vehicle,
which is the advantage of the jump start packs.