Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default ROV in a bucket

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

Maybe someone who has played with underwater robots knows about these
things. Any RCMer should be able to make one in an afternoon. If you do,
please let us know how it works out. It looks like a great toy:

That is a neat link. The under water camera reminded me of a day when the terminal for
our AB 8400B controlled water jet lost the crt. The only place I could find something to
use in a pinch was at Sam's club. Monitor came with a BW security camera.

Anyway, once I managed to get the terminal repaired, the security monitor was 'borrowed'
by a couple guys in our die repair (steel rule dies) shop. They made a waterproof
enclosure with lighting to see what was down hole while icefishing. I don't think it
worked out all that great but they didn't kill the camera.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller