Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Garlicdude Garlicdude is offline

Default Tapping Head ???

Jon Anderson wrote:
Garlicdude wrote:

I prefer Procunier over Tapmatic:

http://tinyurl.com/ydl7ubj

Much better feel than a Tapmatic

Agreed, vastly better feel. I tapped a couple hundred 0-80 holes, .240
deep in 304SS using roll taps. Hole was .250 deep at full dia. This was
at my last job, and I brought in my own head. My boss was aghast at what
I wanted to do, citing the cost of a 10" conflat flange. But I didn't
break a single one and saved a day's labor over hand tapping the way
they'd been doing it.

Just don't -ever- bottom a tap with a Procunier...

Jon, I've never had a problem tapping blind holes with a Procunier. As long as
you have a good depth stop it shouldn't be a problem.

Best,
Steve

--

Regards,