Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Light printing on LJ5

On 10 Jan 2010 09:42:21 -0500, (Samuel M.
Goldwasser) wrote:

OK, well, cleaned the two large lenses with isopropyl, dusted off the scanner
mirrors, blew out the long mirror. Basically, no change.

Were they obviously dirty?
Did you clean the laser lens?

I don't have an easy way to measure the laser output, but my guess(tm)
is that it's low. I may have a replacement scanner assembly or laser:
http://www.printerworks.com/Catalogs/EX-Catalog/400EXLaserScanner.html
I can't check right now as I'm at home.

Time for new piece of junk printer, but that should be adequate for my needs.

Ask your friend if he has any more free printers.

Here's a photo of my favorite source of free printers:
http://802.11junk.com/jeffl/pics/e-waste/slides/e-waste01.html

--
Jeff Liebermann

150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558