Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Hold my beer - I'm gonna try try something...

On 1/9/2010 10:35 AM, Morris Dovey wrote:
On 1/9/2010 9:56 AM, Robatoy wrote:

How big are these boxes, Morris? (Psssst.. I have done a little
laminating in my day.) What kind of wood? Shape?

Two sizes: 48" x 72" x 8" and 96" x 72" x 8". I only need the s/s around
the four 8" sides of the box.

I'm still experimenting with wood types, and my material choices open up
dramatically if I can ensure that the material is completely shielded
from the elements.

Anticipating your next post, these /will/ be perched in the sun - but
shouldn't be subjected to temperatures higher than about 150°F/65°C or
lower than about -40°F/C.

Not enough info available for anything more than a guess, but it seems
like boxes of that size could easily be made of something like exterior
"aquapanel" instead of wood.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08