Posted to uk.d-i-y
Invisible Man[_2_] Invisible Man[_2_] is offline

Default Making 30mm hole in wall

On 10/01/2010 14:35, Phil L wrote:
Invisible Man wrote:
Pretty basic question.

I need to make 2 holes each about 30mm diameter in a cavity wall.
Usual brick external and block internal with blown fibre insulation.

What is the best way to go about this?

This is a one off that I don't expect to do regularly so I don't want
to spend a fortune.

I have a Makita drill with a 13mm chuck rated to 20mm of concrete.
Bricks are red 1960s and not overly hard.

Thanks for any advice.

(This is one thing I can't see a way to do with my angle grinder
unless I want to do a great deal of filling)

I assume they are for pipes or cables?
Considering you are removing 60mm of brick, it would probably be best to
remove half a brick, put in your pipes and then point around with mortar.

A load of cables. Holes will be about 6m apart. No other practical way
to run them.