Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Grumpy Grumpy is offline

Default Pinch valve nomenclature

"Pete Keillor" wrote in message
On Fri, 8 Jan 2010 19:24:20 -0600, "William Wixon"
wrote:

"Richard J Kinch" wrote in message
1...
What's the proper technical name for the rubber pinch valves and needles
such as are used on basketballs? Someone is advocating using this
principle for carbonator caps, instead of ball-lock or other
quick-connect
fittings, and I'm not sure what to call it.

hey, sorry for intruding on your thread. i don't know. but your question
gave me enough info to look up "pinch valve". i saw a "check valve" on a
storm drain down by a river near me, i'd never seen one of 'em before, i
had
to go down there and check it out, an impressive hunk of rubber. it
stands
about 5 feet tall. clever.

http://www.evrproducts.com/?content=...Valves/CPO.htm

The pinch valves we used routinely for slurries, etc. were Red Valves.
Used an analog air signal to progressively close. These were
invaluable in slurry or sludge service. Also called sphincter valve
and you can guess the other names. Here's a link:

http://www.redvalve.com/rv/index.php

Pete Keillor

We used a lot of those in breweries,as they are easily cleaned-in-place.
Often called a bull,s arse valve.