Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Grumpy Grumpy is offline

Default Pinch valve nomenclature

"William Wixon" wrote in message

"Richard J Kinch" wrote in message
. ..
What's the proper technical name for the rubber pinch valves and needles
such as are used on basketballs? Someone is advocating using this
principle for carbonator caps, instead of ball-lock or other
quick-connect
fittings, and I'm not sure what to call it.

hey, sorry for intruding on your thread. i don't know. but your question
gave me enough info to look up "pinch valve". i saw a "check valve" on a
storm drain down by a river near me, i'd never seen one of 'em before, i
had
to go down there and check it out, an impressive hunk of rubber. it
stands
about 5 feet tall. clever.

http://www.evrproducts.com/?content=...Valves/CPO.htm

Those rubber valves are often used in the food industry as non-return
valveson piston pumps for depositors.They are easily cleaned and seldom
cause any problem. When they do, you just throw them away and put in another
one. We called them "Duck's bill "valves from their shape.