Posted to rec.woodworking

Default book recall... a bit OT or not...

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

I have one of the books they're recalling and see absolutely nothing
in it which could be construed as bad or dangerous wiring advice. The
Sunset _Complete Patios_ book had one pic showing direct-bury
low-voltage cable, as it is normally installed, GFCI breakers and
receptacles. It also had several paragraphs paraphrasing code
requirements for keeping transformers at least a foot off the ground.
I have no idea what caused the recall of that particular book.

WTF,O? Freakin' Nanny State.

When I'm King, Darwin will be re-released and the stupid shall get
their just rewards. Look at the foolish society that attorneys have
created.

I've got the Sunset Home Repair Handbook, but as far as I can tell it's
not among the recalled ones. The ISBNs don't match. My look through the
wiring section doesn't show anything wrong, but I'm not a household or
commercial electrician. (I stick to the low voltage stuff.)

Oh well, I'd rather have the $10 than the book. It takes up much less
space on the shelf. :-)

Puckdropper