Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Moray[_2_] Moray[_2_] is offline

Default Loose Nova G3 Chuck Slides

On Jan 9, 12:11*am, Tom Whearty wrote:
I've been having trouble getting my bowls to turn true lately. *Not a
lot of wobble but enough to require a lot of sanding on opposing
sides. *I'm wondering if the play in the slides on Nova G3 chuck are
to blame. *It seems to be getting worse over time.

Any suggestions?

Tom W.

Do the bolts on the jaws losin? If the chuck itself has a wobble it
maybe the threads in the chuck are wore. If it takes a taper lock you
may have to retighten that . Do your face plates run true? If they run
true then hopefully not your headstock thread. Just somethings to look
for. Murray