Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Heuristic learning

No-one ever told me to be wary if test speaker voice-coil continuity with a
DVM.
Speaker o/c in the amp cab, but after process of removing showed proper
ohmage. Exposed pigtails looked ok and tested ok, so heated up and removed
the dome. Made wire-taps to both voice-coil lead outs and tested each
pigtail in turn.
Both had the same break at about the same point of slowly manually pushing
the cone in and out, so assumed I was deflecting the cone slightly. Very
unlikely the same paint-covered failure at the joins of pigtails to wires ,
or anywhere else, so what was I doing wrong?

Answers here please