Posted to rec.woodworking
Garagewoodworks Garagewoodworks is offline

Default Shelf Pin Holes

On Jan 9, 12:58*pm, "Leon" wrote:
"GarageWoodworks" wrote in message

I'm gonna brave the cold shop today. *I might get to the shelf pin
holes sometime this weekend on a project im working on.

Looking for any tips/tricks for making consistent shelf pin holes down
a post. *I have seen Nahmie use a jig before that he uses to line up
the holes with a shelf pin as he moves down the post.

Got a favorite method?

Also, 1/4" dowels should do the trick in each corner right? *This case
is going to be loaded down pretty good I hear.

Thanks as always,
Brian
www.garagewoodworks.com

This is relatively inexpensive and much simpler than using a router like
Norm uses. *I have been using this jig for about 12 years. *comes with a
special Vix type bit that IIRC uses a brad point style bit. *Can be used
before or after assembly in many cases.http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...er=shelf%20jig

What are your thoughts on the 1/4" dowel. Should do it right?