Posted to rec.woodworking
Garagewoodworks Garagewoodworks is offline

Default Shelf Pin Holes

On Jan 9, 1:57*pm, Swingman wrote:
On 1/9/2010 11:44 AM, GarageWoodworks wrote:

I'm gonna brave the cold shop today. *I might get to the shelf pin
holes sometime this weekend on a project im working on.

Looking for any tips/tricks for making consistent shelf pin holes down
a post. *I have seen Nahmie use a jig before that he uses to line up
the holes with a shelf pin as he moves down the post.

Done it every way possible, both drill and router.

I'm with Leon ... the Rockler jig, or a similar brand, with the vix bit,
is the cat's meow. I've made similar one's out of plexiglass and 1/4 mdf
on the drill press in a pinch.

--www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
KarlC@ (the obvious)

I use to have a Rockler here down the street, but they closed up
shop. :^(
I need to place an order for next time.