Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default Some people are really just plain stupid

GarageWoodworks wrote:
On Jan 8, 9:28 pm, GarageWoodworks
wrote:
On Jan 8, 9:06 pm, "Zootal" wrote:

wrote in message

On Jan 8, 5:48 pm, "HeyBub" wrote:

But how fast can you stop it?

A 10" blade (~3' in circumfrence) rotating at 3450 rpm is moving
the outer
edge at roughly 120 MPH. You ain't gonna stop anything moving
that fast in
mere milliseconds without ripping something all to shreds and
perhaps destroying all life on the planet.

Just think... now you won't have to embarass yourself in front of
your friends while beating the living **** out of this dead horse.

http://www.toolcrib.com/blog/2008/11...nventor-puts-h...

No big words. Just scroll down a bit to the video.

Robert

"This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by
Arent Fox LLP"

Ahh, I found a non-deleted copy - look he

http://www.finehomebuilding.com/item...tor-walks-the-...

That is an impressive video!

My only concern is that this is very new and works - in theory. It
works in limited tests. It works great with hot dogs.
Unfortunately, it's difficult and extremely dangerous to conduct
extensive testing on something like this. There are bound to be
(catastrophic) failures and a lot of (expensive) false triggers.
I'm curious to see how well this works after a few years in the
real world.

I'm pretty sure the guy that invented the steering wheel air-bag
received the same response. You have to do your part to be safe and
hope it works when you need it.

"I'm pretty sure the guy that invented the steering wheel air-bag
received the same response."

With the exception of "It works great with hot dogs." :^]

And the air bags have killed people and now we have laws that require us to
engage in specific behaviors intented to protect us from the air bags.