Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default Do I want the Makita or the Milwaukee?

wrote in message

Typically all things being equal most all manufacturers say that the
L-ion
will last twice as long per charge and can be recharged twice as many
times
as the NiMh...

Nailshootrer has seen contrary evidence.

My excperience with a L-ion Bosch impact driver 18 volt 1.5 amp is that
it
lasts as long as the 2.6 amp 12 volt Nihd Makita.

One thing I learned when I was absolutely beating the whole battery
issue to death was that no matter the chemical composition or rating
of the battery, the are not created equal. I have no doubt as to the
validity of your experience.

Just in case you may have thought I was tooting the horn for L-ion, I was
not. LOL

IMHO a 18 bolt 1.5 amp battery lasting as long as a 2.6 amp 12 volt battery
is nothing to brag about other than the fact that the battery is smaller and
lighter weight.