Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default book recall... a bit OT or not...

In article , dpb wrote:

Trying to imagine what would be so flagrantly wrong that could justify
such a recall but not be obvious enough it simply wouldn't have worked
in reality, anyway.

Here's an example of that, from my first house, discovered when I remodeled
the bathroom. Entire house was wired with BX. Medicine cabinet in bathroom had
fluorescent lights and an outlet for plugging in an electric razor. Lights
controlled by wall switch, outlet hot all the time. Only one 14-2 BX cable
entering the medicine cabinet -- it had been wired using the cable armor as
the neutral. Worked, but obviously hazardous.