Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Dave is offline

Default TOT about driving conditions the week

Tim W wrote:
Dave
wibbled on Wednesday 06 January 2010 19:30
the place with half a dozen staff and merge down to 3 classes if they
*really* had to (less than a hundred pupils total, covering ages 5-12).

Having had a job, for three years, as site supervisor, the problem is
the alarm code and the door locks and nothing else. Only the site
supervisor, the head and deputy head knew the code. All the other
teachers had to wait for the code to be entered.

The door locks were duplicated with only the designated key holder being
able to undo the first lock. The second lock was able to be un-locked by
anyone given a key for it. i.e. all the staff.

Dave

In the old days of course, the caretaker often had a cottage on site, so he
was there regardless...

But, surely there could be a simple handover procedure of codes if bad
weather is anticipated the previous day?

It's not that I mind the school being closed - doesn't inconvenience me;
just take the sprogs to the meadow and build Squidward shaped snowmen (we're
weird like that).

But all the people who work and don't have childcare arrangements (and many
fellow parents here are self employed and work locally, thus are normally
unimpeded by snow) have to look forward to a costly day off and ****ed off
customers.

Even if they just turned the school into a creche for the day and let the
kids play and do drawing with bare bones supervision it would be helpful to
many.

Yes, you make a good point there. With only a few teachers, they could
keep the children occupied. Even I could entertain 50 children on my
own. Not that I would want to though :-(

Dave