Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default night stand

Nonny wrote:

We inherited my wife's parents bedroom furniture when her dad
passed away. She and her siblings were sired in the bed. The set
wasn't very fancy, and was limited in pieces to: double bed with
headboard/footboard, vanity table with mirror/bench and 6-drawer
chest.

Since there was no night stand, I built one to match the set's
look and color. The actual set was a maple veneer, so I used rock
maple solids, including ~1/4" or less panels at the rear and dust
shelves. There is also a cane inlay on the skirt and drawer
fronts to match a detail in the other pieces. The set was for one
of our guest bedrooms and there wasn't decent room for 2
nightstands, so I just built one.

The original pieces were very gently spruced up using Tung oil
applied with 0000 steel wool, then buffed with Johnson's paste
wax. This preserved wear patterns and color.

Nicely done -- fits very well with the bed

Rob Leatham