Posted to alt.home.repair
William Brammer William Brammer is offline

Default Need help in identifying a faucet knob for this faucet stem (or vice versa)

On Fri, 8 Jan 2010 09:42:26 -0800 (PST), Plumber Bob wrote:

Your best bet is to throw it away because Harden went out of business

I looked for Harden to no avail in the Master Plumber Bible:
http://www.mascocanada.com/userFiles...0Catalogue.pdf

When I called Symmons technical support a few weeks ago, they sent me the
"Symmons TA-10" shower faucet flow control spindle but I now realize they
should have sent me the Harden TA-10H flow control spindle which is a
modified Symmons valve not sold by Symmons anymore.

You can see the difference between the original Symmons and the Harden in
this web page which shows the Symmons TA-10 next to the Harden Symmons
TA-10H faucet valve.
http://www.hatcreekoutfit.com/xcart/...substring=ta10

Now that I know what to look for, hopefully I can find a Harden TA10H in
stock somewhere local.