Posted to rec.woodworking
allen476 allen476 is offline

Default Do I want the Makita or the Milwaukee?

On Jan 8, 11:43*am, Steve Turner
wrote:
Damned Amazon sent me some emails this morning suggesting some things I might
like, and the *******s were right. *Reminded me that my old 14V Porter Cable
cordless drill has just about outlived its usefulness, and now I'm looking at
these two puppies:

http://www.amazon.com/Milwaukee-2601...Compact/dp/B00...

http://www.amazon.com/Makita-BDF452H...ess-Driver-Dri...

Thoughts? *Any direct experiences comparing these two puppies? *Others I should
consider instead?

To reply, eat the taco.http://www.flickr.com/photos/bbqboyee/

I used to work at a supply house that sold Milwaukee. The one that
you are looking at is the entry level drill and is not there best. If
you don't mind reconditioned (if Milwaukee did the recon then I
wouldn't hesitate) here is something to look at.

http://www.amazon.com/Factory-Recond.../dp/B0025X940M

It is only $20 more and you would have a lot better drill IMO.

I have a Milwaukee 18v Lion and it works great.

Allen