Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Do I want the Makita or the Milwaukee?

On Fri, 08 Jan 2010 10:43:24 -0600, the infamous Steve Turner
scrawled the following:

Damned Amazon sent me some emails this morning suggesting some things I might
like, and the *******s were right. Reminded me that my old 14V Porter Cable
cordless drill has just about outlived its usefulness, and now I'm looking at
these two puppies:

http://www.amazon.com/Milwaukee-2601...m_cr_pr_sims_t

http://www.amazon.com/Makita-BDF452H...6790_as_img_5/

Thoughts? Any direct experiences comparing these two puppies? Others I should
consider instead?

I haven't tried lithiums yet, but the articles say "Get the 3AH batts
OR ELSE!" If you're working for a living, don't try the cheapos, as
they don't have the battery life -or- the balls.

--
We rightly care about the environment. But our neurotic obsession
with carbon betrays an inability to distinguish between pollution