Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default Do I want the Makita or the Milwaukee?

"Chris Friesen" wrote in message
el...
On 01/08/2010 12:18 PM, RicodJour wrote:
The set has 1.5 amp
hour batteries, but I'm not using it in a production setting so the 15
minute charge time keeps me going with no down time.

However, lithium batteries (like other rechargeables) have a limited
number of recharge cycles so you're going to have to replace/rebuild
them twice as often as the bigger batteries.

Chris

Typically all things being equal most all manufacturers say that the L-ion
will last twice as long per charge and can be recharged twice as many times
as the NiMh...

Nailshootrer has seen contrary evidence.

My excperience with a L-ion Bosch impact driver 18 volt 1.5 amp is that it
lasts as long as the 2.6 amp 12 volt Nihd Makita.